Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Posse Field Trips

Some of my friends (actually one, and I will call Prez) is bored out of her mind. This is her first summer not working and home with her kids all day. Long story longer, she has made up all these different field trips for her family and we have just tagged along with her fun, whether she likes it or not. The first field trip was a hike up in Pleasant Grove. Yes, hike. I made it through living in the Northwest and only doing maybe two hikes in 5 years (and I am counting the Pioneer trek as one). I didn't really want to go on the hike, but got talked into it and was glad we went. The walk up to the water fall would take the normal person maybe 20 minutes, but the monkeys took a little longer. You need to think about how big those rocks are compared to them. And how little the legs are to be walking. They were good little monkeys and did end up going to bed at 6:30 that night! Even though I had to drag my kids on the hike, they had a wonderful time and asked when we were going on the next field trip! Shauna and Luke walking up the trail.
Ellie and I enjoying the spray of the falls.


Johnjohn and Luke throwing rocks into the water.
Robbie, Jakers and I

Jakers climbing around

Tyler, Robbie, Jake and Nic

2 comments:

Sally Young said...

Love it! Love being part of a posse. I told you all on my blog that I did this so I could be president of something. Love your post

Janice said...

yea for hiking!