Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Simple Blessing


Each year before school would start, Rob would give a Father's Blessing to each one of the children and me (school is hard for me too). With Rob not here with us, my dad has given us the Father's Blessing before school these last two years. This year when he gave me my blessing, he said that you will be getting another blessing, but not at this time. I thought that was very interesting and it also made me a little nervous. I thought, what would be going on in my life that I would need another blessing? Tonight our new Young Women's presidency and Advisors were all set apart. I am very blessed to be the Laurel Advisor. I am so excited and so grateful for the opportunity to work with such wonderful leaders and young women!! All the leaders were setting there taking turns getting their blessings and all of the sudden it hit me, this is the blessing your father was talking about. I could feel the spirit so strong, testify to me the truthfulness of what I was thinking and feeling. Brother Manuela gave me the blessing (my home teacher who my family loves). He talked about how much Rob wanted me to know he loves me. How I have angels around my family guarding us and helping us. The importance of sharing my testimony with the youth, not only in our ward but all over, as I do my speaking. It was a wonderful and beautiful blessing. For a moment, I knew I exactly where the Lord wants and needs me. I hope I am able to do all that He asks of me!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Those are the moments I treasure....when things actually seem to make sense and my purpose is clear. I'm glad you had the chance to write it down! You are fab!!!

Shane & Laina said...

What a touching moment, I was lucky to be there!

Janice said...

you still make me cry! I love and miss having you around! you'll be the best Laurel advisor!!!