Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break

We decided to get out of the cold weather and head south to St. George for spring break. We went with our good friends the Bushman and the Youngs. Sally's parents were nice enough to open up their home to all 16 of us! We learned that the monkeys do not do well sleeping without their bed's. Mental note for next trip, take portacribs! While we were there we also ran into Mandy and her kids! It was great to spend an unexpected afternoon with them. I've know Mandy since I was 5 years old! The last day we were there, it started snowing!! I was beginning to think we were cursed. We didn't have any warm clothes to wear. I had to bribe the kids to go to Brigham Young's house. He's only their great, great, great, great, great Grandfather (they come from the 13 wife). The monkeys thought it was fun to into the chained off areas. We then went to the St. George Temple. We had to hurry and take these pictures outside, because honestly it was snowing

We made the kids all sleep outside. It was like they were camping!

Johnjohn and Luke would not go to sleep in their room. We had to just let them fall asleep where ever they were sitting.

Apparently they like to put their blankets over their heads to sleep. It's about 11:30 at night when they finally fell asleep!

6 comments:

MakingChanges said...

That last picture is my all-time favorite.

See, if you had stayed here you could have had more than just one day of freezing and snow. Good times. I'm sure you are sad that you missed the mess up here.

Shane & Laina said...

Looks like fun! My kids never traveled well when it came to sleeping...there's just something about their own bed (I sort of relate).
Funny that you were in St. George and witnessed the very RARE snowfall. Great pictures!

Sally Young said...

We had a lot of fun. Glad you guys went with us. The Monkey's are so funny. I enjoyed your family. I love the picture you took. That photo is pricless.

Ashlee said...

Oh, those pics are awesome and the one with the blankets on the monkey's head is totally priceless!! Glad you had a good weekend. I am excited for a little warmer weather up here, just not the 90's YET!

Janice said...

great photos and I love the one of the boys with thier blankets on their heads, too cute.

marcikay said...

i am in love with the blankets on their heads..

so darn cute!!