Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Warning to all Tweens...

I read this article in the paper and just had to laugh!!

A Cheyenne father smashed his teenage daughter's cell phone with a hammer after she sent or received about 20,000 text messages in a month.
The Christoffersen family's phone plan with Verizon didn't include texting, and the phone company charged them for each incoming and outgoing text.
Gregg and Jaylene Christoffersen thought texting had been disabled. They only learned their 13-year-old daughter Dena was doing so much of it when they received a phone bill for more than $4,750.
Gregg Christoffersen took a hammer to his daughter's phone hours after the phone bill arrived. He and Jaylene also grounded Dena until the end of school.

Sometimes I feel like taking a hammer to Robbie's phone!

3 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Now when they say the end of school are we talking the end of this school year or when she graduates high school? I'm thinking it would be high school if that were my child!

Sally Young said...

I took Nick's phone and turned it off. i wish I would of used a hammer.

Janice said...

wow! glad that's not my phone bill!!!