Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Patikkah

I believe it was the year I turned 30 that Rob started my birthweek celebration. Every day for the week of my birthday I would get a new present. They were nothing huge, just a little something, I guess to soften the blow of turning 30 (oh how I wish I was that age now). Unfortunately, he started a horrible tradition. You can't just do that one year and never again!! It's like flying first class, once you've sat there, you can't go back to coach! Sheri then changed the name to Patikkah, like Hanukkah a week long celebration. My kids are wondering when they are gong to get a birthweek. I told them when they become a mother, sorry men! My friend's Leslee and Margie went all the way with Patikkah and making sure I had the best birthweek ever! AND the weather was wonderful for Patikkah, sunny and warm (unlike now). So during Patikkah I got to go out on the lake with Sally and Shauna! Here's some pictures from a wonderful Patikkah!


Of course I had to have cotton candy at my birthday party. Thank you to the Searle family! Leslee makes the BEST sugar cookies ever!

Me and Johnjohn on the boat. Monkeys trying to take a nap.

The monkeys didn't like the boat too much. Everytime they would see Sally afterwards, they would say: scary boat, Sally scary. It was the first boating of the summer, hopefully they will get use to it by the end of summer!

5 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Good times. I am thinking that I want a birthweek celebration but I am totally pushing my luck because we already celebrate the whole month for Valentine's month and since my b-day falls in February that would be a big no on Dalen's list.

Melinda said...

I think I need a Pattikah! Really! It was so much fun, thanks for the invite to the most awesome party I've been to in awhile! :D

Sally Young said...

I had fun with your birth month. I wish we could go out this week on the boat, but it needs to get a bit wamrer. Next week maybe. The boys finally like me. I am not sure I am ready to take them out only to hate me again. jk. We will get them lovin the boat in no time:)

Kerrilyn said...

I hope you had a great Birthday and I am glad the weather cooperated for the big event!

Janice said...

how cute..."Scary..." just so you know...because you are a good friend you have good friends, and you deserve them. I'm so glad the adjustment to moving has been so smooth, but seriously, who wouldn't love you?!:) Glad everyone made it a great week for you!