Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of Preschool for the Monkeys!

Yes, I am one of those mothers who can't wait to put her kids into school! I have friends who want their kids to stay home forever or think they can teach their children better than someone else. I think my kids and I do much better with a break from one another! And yes for you doing the math, the monkeys don't turn 3 till October, but I begged and pleaded my friend to take them early. I think she might count this as her compassion service for the year! The monkeys have been talking about school everyday. When my dad gave the kid's their Father's Blessing before the beginning of the school year, Luke and Johnjohn wanted a blessing also. Everyday they have been asking me, school? We going to school? Luke could not wait and actually tried to leave with Robbie to school this morning! How cute is this kid? He's ready to go!
I could barely keep him from running out the door!


Johnjohn on the other hand wanted to stay home and watch TV. I am not sure how we got him out!

Luke jumped out of the car!

Johnjohn needed to be pushed out of the car.

Here they are holding on to the rope.
The monkeys would not stand together and smile. This was the closest picture I could get. I am sure it's going to be a wonderful year!

6 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I too have yet to shed a tear when my kids start school... who are these mothers who want their kids around 24/7? I don't get it.

Those boys are getting ENORMOUS! Congrats on a couple hours to yourself!

MakingChanges said...

I love the pictures. Your boys are so cute, but I am sure you know that. I only with Malia could be there too. What did you do with yourself for 2 whole hours???

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

That is great!!! I am with you....we do so much better when kids have somewhere to go and learn....i love them, but i also love a break, and they love the break from me even more :)!!!

Melinda said...

I'm one of those crazy moms who likes to keep my kids close. I send them to school, stress out and then end up knowing it's best. I talked my friend into letting Bryce go to preschool early this year too! No kids home...what should I do??

kristenhcubed said...

Too adorable! I started Olivia last year just before she turned three. She'll have 3 years of preschool! I'm with you, I need the break too. Hoorah for school!

Ashlee said...

Oh that is so cute!! I miss your little guys and cannot believe they are going to be 3 yrs old. Wow!