Friday, August 7, 2009

I KNOW......here's a post!


So it has been an extremely busy summer. We have been to Las Vegas, McCall (twice) and Lake Powell. Also, I ran a relay race in the middle of all of that! Plus all of Sally's field trips have kept us extra busy! I have a whole bunch of pictures and blogs saved as drafts. I just wanted to quickly write so everyone wouldn't give up on me! The biggest new is I will starting teaching an Institute class in the fall. I can't tell everyone how excited I am for this! While we lived in Washington, our stake offered an institute class during the day. I will admit that I first started to go, just to get out of the house. (At the time, Robbie was 6 Jake 4 and Ellie 2) All the moms took turns in the nursery, so we could come and learn. Sandy Ririe was and still is the teacher. I know my testimony grew more there in that class than it had ever in my life. She taught me how to love the scriptures and seek learning for myself. All the women in the class taught one another in sharing their testimonies and stories. The class had young mothers, women with older children and empty nesters. We felt safe and loved in our class. Any concern we had, we could find our answer there. In this class, I felt the whisperings of the spirit to have more children. I started to cry and turned to LeAnne and said, but I don't want to. Surprisingly she knew what I was talking about and knew I could handle more children. I was to the point to where I scheduled everything around my class. Adrienne started flying in on Wednesday nights so she could come to the class. After 5 wonderful years of learning, I am finally having my turn to give back. My hope and desire is to be even half of the teacher Sandy was for me. If I can help anyone to learn to love the scriptures, it will be a success. For people to grow and build their faith and testimonies, is all I want to accomplish. I hope I can be an instrument for the Lord in helping others come closer to Him. I thank my brother, Bishop Bagley and President Sermon for helping this dream come to past! I can't wait for class to start! I am sure I will learn more than all my students. Next week I have Youth Conference, a Best of EFY in Pocatello, then school starts! I will post my summer, but I don't know when. Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Awesome Patti, you're right, that class was wonderful and such a testimony builder. I am sooo excited for you!

Dee Dee Cox said...

Thank you dear Patty.
I loved talking with you this week.Also the picture is darling.

MakingChanges said...

I really can't wait.