Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer is over...


I know that everyone has pretty much stopped checking my blog. I pretty much knew that I wouldn't blog very much over the summer. This is a picture of us taken in June in Las Vegas. I have a lot happen this past week. To say the least it was a hard week. All the different parts of my life came down on me in different ways. I was talking to my Bishop and he said that he felt as if Satan was trying his hardest to discourage me. You see this next week I start teaching institute. This is a dream come true for me. Ever since I started attending institute in Washington, I knew I wanted to teach someday. I didn't know how much the Lord was going to expect of me over the next six years to develop me into the teacher He needed. My Bishop has the most confidence in me and my teaching (I don't think he has ever even heard me teach!) He said of course Satan wants to discourage you, wants you to not be focus, think of how many lives you are going to touch. So after pretty much crying all day Friday, I turned to the Lord and asked for forgiveness in my lack of focus. I was reminded that it is through our trials that we learn to trust in the Lord. So I got out my study guide and started reading. I started listening to Conference talks again on my ipod and knew I needed to focus, if not for myself, for all those who will be attending my class. In church today we were singing the sacrament song, when a line to the song struck me, "And silently we pray, For courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey. We love thee Lord, our hearts are full, will walk they chosen way." I need to remember that I have chosen to accept the Lord's will for my life, and sometimes I just forget. I guess I had figured by now (a year and half after Rob died) I would have a better idea as to where my life is going. The one thing I do know, is I love to teach and if that is how I can be an instrument for the Lord, than I am doing what He wants. I am so excited for my class. I hope I can help at least one person grow, like I was helped in Washington.

3 comments:

Nature Nat said...

Hey, I'm checking you blog! Good luck with your teaching, I know you will do great. (I have heard you teach and you do just fine).

MakingChanges said...

Lady, I am excited for your class. Sorry I wasn't there for you on Friday. Didn't know you were having a super bad day. I guess I have to be more prepared for the Spirit to direct me- which is where the problem with me is right now. LOVE U!!!!!!

The Halls said...

I'm excited for you to start teaching, I know you will be fantastic! I just wish I could attend your class :)