Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Epperson's Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day first started with these beautiful flowers from my mom and Tony. I was completely shocked to get flowers delivered to me. It was a wonderful surprise, considering I don't have too many surprises these days. Later, I did get flowers from my kids, which I love also. Last week, Ellie and I got a letter in the mail, saying that we needed to be dressed and ready on Valentine's night for a night at Chateau Poulsen's. Robbie and Jake left around 4 o'clock to go get ready for the big night. First we were picked up at home, with Robbie opening all the doors for us. Erin and Kate were at our house, since their house was "getting ready". All of us girls, me, Ellie, Erin, Kate, Adrienne, Jeni, Izzy, and Addie, were greeted at the door with a long stem rose. The men had made a wonderful flank steak dinner, with garlic mash potatoes, salad and rolls.
We all had a great evening, eating, laughing and talking about manners! Notice how "short" Robbie's hair is. It still could use a little trim, but this is a huge improvement. And this is the one night a year Jake (because he's under 12) gets to wear a tie. Funny now that Robbie wears a tie every week, he didn't want to wear one! Is it me or is Ellie starting to look older?


All the girls. Clockwise: Erin, Adrienne, Jeni, Me, Ellie, Izzy, Addie, and Kate.
Erin, Jeni and I at one time all had the same hair cut. We are trying are hardest to make all of our hair different.

The boys clockwise: Issac, Andy, AJ, Roddie, Jake and Robbie.

Special thanks to Erin and Roddie for letting us have it at their home.
PS They are having a BOY!!!

7 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like a great night! Yes, Ellie is looking older and wow, her hair is so long. Is she growing it out? Erin decided to go dark I see. It looks great! And as always Patti you look amazing! Glad to know Valentines was a good day. Your boys a awesome!

Bret Bushman Family said...

I am so glad you got to have a wonderful Valentines day...what a wonderful family you have

Janice said...

you look absolutely gorgeous. Glad you had a fun day!

Janice said...

Haylee saw your picture and said,"Oh my gosh she looks so old!!!" meaning Elli not you:)

Sally Young said...

Looks like you guys had a great night.

MakingChanges said...

That is just too fun and cute. Glad that it was a great VD for you and the kids!

Emilee said...

i didn't know you had a blog!! i just read this and now i am crying at the office.. that is the sweetest thing ever. i love you guys!