Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Candy of the Season

First let me point out that the candy of the season has changed. The Bushman family got the old Conversational Hearts and have put in suggestion for next year's Valentine's Candy. Last night the boys went to drop off the candy and door bell ditch the Bushman's. While they were hiding they could hear Abby say, who do you think these were from? And Emily said Who do you think? I do have to say that the huge amount of candy created a seal, so the hearts at the bottom, actually tasted fresh! For this season's candy idea, I must give credit to Emily. We were driving one day and talking about what candy to put in next (she cares because she knows she will get it eventually). I was originally thinking of going strait to Easter candy. It's already in the stores and I LOVE Easter candy. But we started talking about St. Patrick's Day and what we could do for that day. I would not put it pass her father to be prepping her with ideas to give to me. He was still upset that I didn't use sweetheart candy for Valentine's Day. So we came up with Chocolate Gold Coins. I went to a Partytime store and bought them all out of their chocolate coins. You can notice from the picture that I couldn't fill the jar all the way. AND the monkeys will not get a candy every time they walk by. I have even considered putting in a money jar next to the candy jar to off set the cost!

4 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Brilliance! I am comin' over!

Bret Bushman Family said...

Leave it to the Bushman's to want Chocolate, but when you drop them off you will need to bring a jar of peanut butter...for dipping the chocolate in of course.

kristenhcubed said...

You should start the money jar to help with the dental bills. All that candy has got to add up to a lot of cavities!

Sally Young said...

I think we need in on that candy action. Bushmans can have every other month.