Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Conversation with Robbie

Robbie is twelve. For those of you who don't have a twelve year old, be thankful. If you are going to have one, one of these days, I am so sorry. Robbie and I have been going through a difficult time, figuring out life, what, what not, ect. I really hope he doesn't hate me and I do know he thinks I am rather annoying. I love him so much. He can be a lot of fun, when he isn't rolling his eyes at me. If Robbie is hard, I don't even want to think about Ellie at twelve....

So Sunday we are coming home from church and Robbie says to me, "We had a weird lesson at church." First I am speechless. I usually have to ask twenty questions to find out maybe what there lesson might have been on. Plus Robbie doesn't really volunteer any information, so the fact that he was saying this got me a little nervous. Instantly, I started thinking what off the wall thing was taught in class. Am I going to have to call someone and get false doctrine corrected? So I ask Robbie, "What was your lesson on?" He then tells me it was about finding a good wife. I was like what? What did they say? He said that you wanted to find a wife that would be a good mother and would raise your children in the gospel. I was pretty impressed with his recollection of the lesson. I asked him if that sounded good to him. He shrugged his shoulders. Then I asked him how did dad do at finding a wife. He looked straited into my eyes and then did the biggest eye roll ever.

10 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

Oh Patti....I feel for you!!! Teenagers are hard!!!! Sometimes they make you feel like it would be so much easier to just let them run amuck.....fasten your seat belt girl, they will take you for the ride of your life.....but don't worry.....if anyone can do it, you can!!!!

Erin said...

I can totally see the eye roll...

MakingChanges said...

Was there a slap upside the head at the end that you forgot to mention?

kristenhcubed said...

Holy cow that is funny! I'm going to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt and assume that by the time he really is interested in finding a wife that he will have realized his dad found a first rate one. Hang in there, mom, most of them grow out of it.

Bret Bushman Family said...

Is that eye rolling thing something the kids get together to practice, Hayley sure has it down...you are an awesome MOM!!! and of course the answer to your question is YES!!! Rob did well

Melinda said...

Dumb kids, is it engrained into their brains to not like us as parents? I wonder why...? You're awesome, he's just "too cool" to admit his mom is that great! ;)

Sally Young said...

The "Eye Rolling".... I think I perfected it as a teenager!! Because.....I am still good at it when I need to be with Ken and who ever else I deem worthy of my "Eyeing Rolling"!! lol You are a good Mom!! It can be a crazy ride through the teenage years BUT.. Enjoy the ride. It is a fun time and bumby at times but it is over before you know it. Girls are easier!!!

Janice said...

I didn't tell you, but...it only gets...hmm...more interesting as they approach 16:) You're doing great, and just for the record...Dad made a great choice!!!!

Mitchells Sun Valley said...

What can I say? I should be supportive...you do a really GREAT job with your kids! That's a true statement. That's the Angel on my right shoulder,...the little devil on my left shoulder is saying, "Just wait till you have kids.....I hope they turn out just like you!!!" Actually, if they all turned out just like you, they'd be GREAT!! Relish this time & don't take it too seriously,( it'll be gone before you want it to be)...there's plenty of time for the serious stuff much later.
Love U Bunches, Mom

Autum said...

I would like to think that I'm very prepared to deal with teenagers......I can dream can't I? As for the eye rolling thing, at least it's a confirmation that he's listening to you. I'd say that's pretty respectful compared to what other kids put their parents through! So remember, EYE ROLL = LISTENING.