Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness

Let me first say, about 90% of you will not get this post. I was explaining it to Jeni this morning and she said this where we differ. This morning I was watching Mike and Mike (if you don't know what that is, you can skip the post). All of the sudden I realized I am flying to Portland on the most important teleivison day in the world. I have never not been infront of a TV on this Thursday in my adult life. It is the most exciting day EVER! It's the first day of March Madness. The first day full of college basketball games. The day if filled with upsets, close games, and buzzer beaters. The TV is taking you from one game to the next, with only a little pause at dinner time. I have been filling out brackets for as long as I could remember. My dad would always take the centerfold out of Sports Illustrated and write in his picks, then high light the ones he got right and cross out the misses. I guess he raised his daughter to love the best and most exciting play off system in all of sports. Thursday will start with 64 teams/hopefuls and by Sunday there will only be 16 left standing. Rob would tease me about my picks, saying is that what Dan Patrick told you to put or is that what Rome said? I do my homework all week and take my brackets very seriously. This is why I can't believe I am going to Portland on Thursday and will have to hear from others about the close games and see the last second shots on Sports Center. How could I make such a rookie mistake. Never plan trips in the middle of March or at least plan on being in front of a TV on Thursday. I know it will be a great trip and I'm excited, let's just hope I have good picks this year to make up for missing Thursday!

6 comments:

marcikay said...

patti! i understand your passion, because it is also davy's passion!! he used to take this thursday & friday off work every year, so he wouldn't miss a thing.. then about 4 years ago his boss had a tv installed in his office - for this purpose.. now, i'm not sure how much work he gets done, but he still doesn't miss a second [and his office is very popular]

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I understand this post....this is soooo my family! (I have to admit, though, i am not one that really gets into watching)---the rest of my family does....and i definitely have fun filling out the brackets, and hoping to dominate in my family picks....just to watch them cringe at losing to someone who doesn't really follow!!! This is our month of biggest family email trash talk ever! Of course, all in fun....but we love march!!!

J.D. said...

I have two brackets (not two different, but a copy). It is imperative that I keep one copy at home on top of the tv and one copy at work so that I can more easily track my teams. Go Aggies!

Ashlee said...

I have to say that I completely get where you are coming from & I can't believe you of all people would make a mistake like that. Today I was trying to figure out how I could justify setting a T.V. up in my office so I could watch the games at "lunch" but could not figure out any type of reasonable scenario that would allow for it, so I am stuck with catching the updates as well. (Joshy)

MakingChanges said...

Patti- that will teach you to leave us! Hope you have a fabulous trip, though. You'll totally be missed!

Jenandgeoffrey said...

I have to start off this comment by saying obviously Geoff read this blog post before I did. He was checking out the games and when they start on our tv guide and said "I can't wait till Thursday and a whole day of Basketball!" My response was "Oh yeah" in a very sarcastic tone. Then he says something to the effect of "Patti loves March Madness, you can watch it too." So I have to say Thanks :0)