Monday, March 23, 2009

Crazy Weekend

This weekend I went to Portland to see Wicked with my friends. It was actually a lot easier to get tickets there than here in Salt Lake. We had a wonderful time! Here's Jennifer and I standing next to the poster. I couldn't help but notice who was standing by the good witch and who was standing by the wicked witch! I need to thank Kristen for getting us the tickets. Without her none if this would of been possible AND we wouldn't of had such wonderful seats!!

So when everyone asks me how my weekend went, well that is hard to answer. Last Monday night Ellie was up all night with the flu. I secretly hoping it was food poisoning, but in my heart knew that wasn't the case. By Tuesday night Johnjohn started throwing up. Luckily, it was a 24 hour flu, so I knew things would be over quick. I was leaving Thursday and didn't want to miss Wicked due to the stomach flu. I was cleaning the house and hoping to keep it contained. When I picked Jessica (one of my old Young Women from my Battle Ground Ward) up I warned her at what was ahead. Sure enough, Johnjohn wasn't done with the flu and was sick Wednesday night. I left Thursday morning with a prayer in my heart that Jessica and the kids would be fine. Friday, both Johnjohn and Luke were sick. Throwing up on Jessica and in their beds. Jessica did say that Luke got good at throwing up into a bowl. Thank goodness for great friends and a ward. Jennifer the Saint, came over and helped her clean up and dinner was delivered for them. My Home Teachers came over and gave Jessica and the kids a blessing. Saturday morning, I was talking to Robbie on Facebook and he said he wasn't feeling so well. Soon, Robbie and Jessica were both sick. Jennifer came and got the twins and Ellie went off with a friend for the day. Jake didn't want to leave Robbie a lone. I felt so horrible not being there for them. I felt horrible for poor Jessica having to be in this situation. But I knew they were being watched over by many wonderful people here and I didn't need to worry. Honestly, how come it happens when I am gone? Can't say it wasn't nice missing being thrown up on, but still that is just not something Jessica should have to deal with. I always knew she was amazing, and now I think even more of her, as if that was possible!!

9 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

sorry about all the sickness in your home.....but i am glad you got a little "patti time" and got to see wicked! How fun!

MakingChanges said...

Poor family! I'm sure you were really cheering in Portland that you missed the majority of it. Don't lie! I totally know you!

Mom and Dad said...

It was so fun to have all of you here. I loved every minute of it! We will have to find reason to do it again soon. I'm wearing my apron and I absolutely adore it. Thank you!

Sally Young said...

I am so jealous you saw Wicked. I am going to have to pay 200.00 bucks if i want to get tickets now. trying to figure out if that is worth it.

Patti Epperson said...

It is so worth it!!!!

Mitchells Sun Valley said...

To quote a beloved SNL alumni, "It's always something!" Gilda Radner (Rosana Rosana Danna)
Mom

Janice said...

sounds like a quick and interesting weekend:) Glad you had fun though!

Bret Bushman Family said...

A weekend you soooo deserved, I was gone this last weekend as well and I didn't know you family was so sick, I am glad they were taken good care of.

kristenhcubed said...

What more could you even ask for than to leave town on the weekend that all your kids get sick and miss it all? I'm sorry for Jessica, but you have all the luck, don't you?

And you're welcome. I'm so glad you came and I got to see you. Wish it could have been more.