Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy 84th Birthday Shramps!

Grandpa Shramps turned 84 years old last week. In his words, there is nothing you can do about it so you might as well enjoy it! Shramps is Rob's Grandpa on his father's side. I think I could easily say that Rob is his favorite, considering Rob was the first grandchild. I always knew Rob and his Grandpa were close. When Rob and I first were married, Rob had gone on a golfing trip with my dad and brother. While he was gone, Shramps was admitted into the hospital, for I believe heart issues. Rob and I had only been married maybe six months and I found myself up at the hospital with his family, not sure what was going to happen. We waited to call Rob and tell him till he was on his way home. I remember how upset he was. Rob told me he could never imagine his life without his Grandpa. We decided then that we should start our family, because Rob wanted our kids to know their great grandpa and love him as much as he does. Well sure enough, Robbie came along, Robert John Epperson, which is Grandpa's exact name. I believed we were doing John for my dad, and had not realized that it was for both! Our boys have spend many summers with their great grandparents and have gotten to know each other, just as Rob wanted.
Trying to get all the kids in the picture was a little hard!

We got these cakes from Dough Boys and Flower Girls. Oh my goodness they
were wonderful. We couldn't even finish them all gone!

2 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

Really cute pictures...I love Grandparents, they are the best.

Sally Young said...

I loved your post. I love Rob with out even knowing him. He and I thought the same I am sure of our Grandpa's. I love my Papa! He died last year at 101. Happy Birthday to your Grandpa!