Sunday, December 7, 2008

Caroling

Tonight our family was greeted with carolers. We had Sunday dinner at our home in celebration of Robbie's birthday. Robbie picked the menu, flank steak and twice baked potatoes. I surprised him with crab legs, which he was nice enough to share with us. All the family was sitting around talking when one of the kids yelled, Mom we have carolers! I know it's fun to have people come to your home and carol, but tonight it was exactly what our family needed. I expected to see one of my friends and their family to be standing there with treats, singing. When I looked out the door, there were several families there, too many to count. I looked around trying to see faces I knew from the ward and I couldn't place any faces (not a big surprise if I didn't recognize someone from the ward). While these wonderful people sang, I could feel their love for us. All these people took time to come to our home and help us feel the spirit of Christmas. When they were done, they gave us a huge basket filled with movies, treats, toys, a ginger bread house kit and supplies for sugar cookies! I was so amazed by their kindness and love. It was honestly something truly special for our family!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your website, you are such a great example as a mom & woman! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

MakingChanges said...

So cool. I love that part of Christmas. Any good movies I can borrow???? heehee

Misty said...

Your blog is so fun. I just got done reading through it all. I want to know how you find the time to be so amazing. Your an inspiration. I really enjoyed your Christmas letter. I haven't gotten mine out yet. Next on the list, right.