Saturday, December 13, 2008

Watch Out for These Girls...

First let me say, sorry for the quality of the picture. I forgot my camera and only had my phone. What did we do before camera phones? This is Erin and I last night at the Ring Christmas Bells, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas program. We went with Andy, Jeni, Adrienne and Cathy. Our seats were in bottom far corner, where all the VIP's come into the Conference Center. So the place is filling up and we look over and see President Monson coming through the door. Erin said we walked over by the ropes to see him, but I think it was more like ran. We were hoping to shake his hand as he walked by. The security guard was not too thrilled with two people, rushing towards the Prophet. He jumped right in front of us and stood face to face with us. Seriously, do Erin and I look like dangerous people? Andy thinks so, but still, we were just so excited to be so close to the Prophet! Granted he couldn't see us because of the body guard (right in front of us), but it was still exciting. When President Monson entered the room, the room went completely silent and everyone rose to their feet. Instantly, 21,000 people were quiet. It was an amazing experience. The show was great! I loved seeing and hearing the Choir in person sing Hallelujah from the Messiah. That is one of mine and Rob's favorite Christmas songs! The entire program was beautiful!

7 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Ummm, jealous. What a great experience! BTW- you two do look a little scarey. I mean, you could be secret terrorists or something.

Melinda said...

Thats pretty hillarious! I think you guys look like hardened criminals, I'd keep my bodyguard between me and you! haha I bet it was an amazing experience, so cool!

Nikki said...

I can still remember when I first moved to Utah and my brother and I went to the JSM building. We were waiting for the elevators and when they opened, out came two of the apostles. I sure they thought we were so dumb. It was like superstars or something. We acted so stupid, but they were very nice a shook our hands and talked for a few moments. Rock stars, you know?

J.D. said...

I would be scared of the Sara Palin stocker as well.

marcikay said...

patti.. thanks for your card, and your blog info! you are just an amazing person!

Mitchells Sun Valley said...

I tried that same thing once to see a Seventy I knew from a million years ago (Pres Coleman). Didn't work for me either....it's such a good spot, too.....

marcikay said...

oh.. by the way.. can you send me your address? I was out of town when your Christmas card came, and the envelope was accidentally thrown away..
marcikay23@yahoo.com