Thursday, December 4, 2008

My baby is 12!


I can't believe I have a 12 year old! I remember taking a giant leap of faith when we chose to have Robbie while still in school. We had felt it was important not to put off starting our family. I remember trying to figure out my class schedule for school and baby sitters for Robbie. And yet, those years of being poor college students with a child are some of our best memories. I am so thankful to Erin and Tiffany for watching Robbie all the time while I was in classes. I could of never graduated without their help. I never regretted starting my family early. Right after Rob passed away, I was even more grateful for having my children as soon as I did. All my kids had more time with their dad!

Robbie was the first Grandchild and Great Grandchild on Rob's side of the family. We would all sit around in a circle and just watch him! He had more attention than any one child should ever have! I can't believe how much Johnjohn looks like Robbie.


Robbie is going to kill me for putting these photos on! Him and Jake love my big bath tub and taking bubble baths. They don't take their baths together, but I had Jake jump in so I could get these pictures.



Robbie was trying to look like a model in this photo. He really is a great son! He helps me all the time. He has a lot on his shoulders and he is standing up to the challenge. I am honored to have him as my son. Happy Birthday Cakes!
A quick story about Robbie. The other night I got McDonald's for the kids. I get home and Robbie doesn't have any Honey Mustard for his chicken nuggets. He asked if I would go back and get him some sauce? Now most mothers would say no, but I am a person who made Rob go back to places on many occasions to get something that was forgotten. I understood where Robbie was coming from. I went all the way back to McDs and got the honey mustard. Robbie starts to eat and the twins want someone to play the Wii. Jake wanted to eat, so Robbie went to entertain them for a little while. He comes back to the nuggets and Luke had dumped water all over his food. I was like are you kidding me? I spent so much time getting that food and now it's ruin? About two minutes later, Robbie came over and gave me $20. He said, he's the money for the food I didn't eat. I said Robbie don't worry about it, it was an accident. I am not mad at you. I just couldn't believe after all that driving, you didn't even get to eat your nuggets. We had a good laugh. He really is a great kid!



5 comments:

Courtney said...

happy birthday! i still remember his baby blessing - i can't believe he's 12.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I don't need to tell you that taking care of Robbie was the highlight of my days! I'm feeling a little sick, however, at the thought that he is 12 years old! Happy birthday Robbie!

kristenhcubed said...

Happy Birthday, Robbie! He really does look just like John. And Luke looks just like Jake. You guys only have 2 boy molds aparantly. Both super cute.

Erin said...

I love the picture of the boys in the bath tub. It is ok if they like to take bath together at 12. Happy Birthday Robbie...I hope you had fun last night!

MakingChanges said...

Now that is just precious. What a grown up man. You definitely aren't old enough to have a 12 year old. Did you have him when you were 7????