Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ellie's Baptism and Robbie's Confernation

Ellie and her cousin Izzy were both baptized on Saturday by Andy (Izzy's dad). Ellie was able to wear the same baptism dress that I wore when I was baptized. The event was wonderful! I spoke on baptism and Jeni spoke on the Holy Ghost. Annie sang When I am Baptised for the girls. Many of our family and friends were able to attend and celebrate this special day with us. I know Rob was there with us. While Adrienne gave the opening prayer, I could feel Rob say in my mind and heart, don't be sad, this is a wonderful day. He was happy and wanted us all to be happy also. I could feel him so strong, that it was hard for me to gain my composure to give my talk. I was filled with joy and an outpouring of love from Rob.
Ellie had asked my dad to confirm her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He also gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. I was so thankful the weather was good for those who traveled. I was happy that Dee Dee flight was cancelled, both Ellie and Robbie loved having her there.
Yes, Robbie did get his hair cut. AJ ordained Robbie to the priesthood (I think that is how you say it). AJ was given the priesthood from Rob, so it was fitting that AJ could give it to Robbie. This to me was the most emotional part. I was in awe, as all of these wonderful priesthood holders surrounded Robbie. Robbie now gets to wear a tie to church. It's a family tradition that you don't wear a tie till you turn 12 and get the priesthood. AJ and Andy took Robbie shopping for his first ties. I actually know how to tie a tie, but it still takes us a couple of times to do it well!
We had a celebration at our home afterwards for Ellie, Izzy and Robbie. I thought it would be fun to have cotton candy for all the kids (and adults). We always had a standard joke in our family about cotton candy. Rob hated it! Anytime we were somewhere where they sold it, there would be a fight because I would want to buy it and he didn't want me to. So when daddy would break down and get some cotton candy, my kids knew it was a special day. I can't think of a more special day than this one.
I had to put this picture of Grandma Sheri with Johnjohn. Johnjohn rarely does this for anyone. He ran up and asked Sheri, where's doggie (meaning Grace their dog)? Sheri has been an amazing help to our family. We figured that we have seen her every month this year and we don't even live in the same state! She has put my family first this year and you can tell by how much we love and appreciate her with Johnjohn's hug!

5 comments:

Shane & Laina said...

What an awesome day!!! I'm so glad you had such a special experience with Rob.

Mom and Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom and Dad said...

Such a monumental day! Wish we could have been there.

Melinda said...

I totally cried reading that, how special and wonderful! I love that Ellie could wear your dress, thats so cool! And I love the story about the cotton candy, yes what a special day! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

The Halls said...

what wonderful experiences! your entry totally made me cry--we think about you guys so often! We love and miss you!