Friday, November 21, 2008

I heart Edward...and Rob

Last night, Annie, Jeni, Sarah, me, Erin and Cathy all went to the midnight movie of Twilight. You would think Christmas had come early! The hardest part was having to stay up that late, considering I go to bed about 9:30. The movie was fun and entertaining. Not the best movie in the world, but hey if you're a Twilight fan you should be able to enjoy the movie. It was great having all us moms (except Sarah) drool over Edward. Besides being totally controlling and a little creepy (sneaking into Bella's room to watch her sleep), Edward is almost the perfect man/ vampire. I couldn't help but think about my Edward moments with Rob. Rob spoiled me rotten, watched me sleep (when I would go to bed sooo early), and took care of my every need. I had found an old post from our Cannon Family Website talking about the similarities of Rob and Edward. It was title "Rob's Edward Moment". Interesting enough the post was made November 11, 2007. Here is what I wrote and then what Rob responded with....

In our soccer game Saturday night, a girl and I were up against the wall. We got tangled up and she fell to the grown. Now I have been known to push, ect...but honestly I didn't mean to hurt her. She jumped up at yelled "she through me down." Her husband (I did not know who he was at the time) got in my face and started yelling at me. All of the sudden Rob came from no where and got right between the guy and me. Rob had actually came from off the bench, which you are not allowed to do in any sport. He got tossed from the game for leaving the bench and the other guy and I both got blue cards. I felt so horrible! And it was actually really scary! My friend who was watching the game came up to me after the game and said that was an Edward moment. I didn't understand what she meant at first. Then she explained, the way Rob ran over to protect me, was one of the most romantic thing she had ever seen! She wanted to stand up and start clapping. What I did was really stupid, but it made me realize that I do have my own Edward!!

Rob's response...
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I HATE EDWARD. I would have let the Soccer guy pummel Patti if I had known it meant being compared to a fantasy Vampire/Werewolf guy named Edward.

7 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

I heart Edward too, but only from the book not the movie. I wish it was a little better made movie but still had an awsome time! I love Rob's Edward moment and I loved his response. Thanks for sharing.

Shane & Laina said...

Hey fellow "Twilighter" (is that a word?) I had a great time last night! I was actually a little disappointed in the movie, but it was still a great night out. I can't believe we early to bed girls were out so late. I think I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow!
Thanks for the cute story about Rob!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I loved the movie!! (my expectations were very, very low)

But that story and comment from Rob made me laugh so hard. I made Garret come in and read it too. Hilarious!

MakingChanges said...

The night was the most fun because we got to be out with just the girls and be silly. Looks like your crew had a blast too. Love the Edward moment! Rob's response just about put me on the floor- even though I have heard you tell this story before it still makes me laugh.

kristenhcubed said...

I'm going tomorrow morning and have VERY low expectations so it should be fun. I'll either be pleasantly surprised or have sooooo much to complain about. I'm happy either way. Wish you were here!

I love Rob's comment. That's too funny.

Melinda said...

I will never forget Rob's "Edward moment"!!! I hope all the other men there were taking notes! We went and saw the movie today...I thought it was ok (some moments totally dorky)...I think the next one will be better!

The Halls said...

Still haven't seen it yet...next weekend maybe. Shane is actually going with me!