Thursday, November 20, 2008

Soccer Mom

These are my new awesome white soccer shoes. Rob said I needed to be a really great player if I wanted to wear white shoes. I am by no means a great player, or even good, buts it's all about the outfit! Rob and I played "highly competitive" coed soccer together for almost two years. For those of you who don't know Rob, for him to play any coed sport was amazing, but we had some good friends (Ross's) who swore by it. Rob figured if Josh would play coed soccer than he could play it too. It as great every Saturday night we would have a set date night together on the field. Soon our ward put a team together and every game was a blast, unless there were fights (no never). When Rob got sick, I still continued to play. Our team dedicated one of their sessions to Rob and our team name became Robstrong. I remember leaving the hospital in my soccer clothes and going to games. One would think it would have been hard to play without Rob and at first it was for me. But then, as I played, for one hour I could forget all that was going on in my life. As I stepped onto the field I would just run and play and feel like my life was normal for a few brief moments. As silly as it sounds, Rob and I will always have soccer. I continued to play with my ward until I moved to Utah. With some help from my family, we have put together another Robstrong team here. Now, Andy, Jeni, Rod, Jimmy, Linzi and I play together. Our first game was on Saturday and it felt wonderful to be out on the field again. I know Rob is saying to Andy,I told you it's a lot of fun and it looks a lot harder than you thought! I will always miss my team back in Washington. We have some great memories!

4 comments:

MakingChanges said...

That's impressive! I know you have told me you play soccer, but when I actually think about it I am in awe. I have NO endurance. I am a sprinter or I can walk long distances, but that would do me no good in a soccer game.

Ashlee said...

Ahh the Washington Soccer games! They were so much fun. I am glad that I got pregnant and Josh talked you into playing, but I really wish I could've played along side you and Rob. I know Josh misses it all something terrible.

Natalie said...

Well I didn't know you had a BLOG... who doesn't though really, right? I'm glad you're playing soccer- if only my husband weren't such a stick in the mud:) I love your shoes- I would wear them all the time! (
Oh yeah- if I can get your e-mail I can send you an invite to our "exclusive" blog)

The Halls said...

Love the shoes Patti! We are finally playing again after our long break. It's fun--but it will never be the same as it was before. What great memories we have playing with you and Rob!