Thursday, November 13, 2008

More than a Pie Made By ME!!

This is a picture of the first and only pie I have ever made. It's a coconut cream pie. Rob and I would always get coconut cream pie to eat when we went to the Temple (and Chili's). The reason I put this pie up was not to show off my mad baking skills (ha ha), but because we made these pies as an Enrichment Activity. This was the first time I felt comfortable with all the sister's in my ward. I knew people's names and their personalities. Better yet, they are getting to know me and my lack of quietness, I guess. I had such a great time, learning how to make a pie from total scratch (I know Sheri will be so proud of me). The the best part of the night was being around such wonderful people and feeling loved and known. I know there are people out there who can't stand Enrichment activities, but for me, these activities have helped me make friends and not be so lonely. Thank you to all who are welcoming into your lives and friendships. You have no idea how much it means to me!

7 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Patty you ROCK! Once I knew you liked 30 Rock I knew we would be instant friends. ;)

I am glad you came and I am glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't know what a sauce pan was. Praise all.

PS. Your pie looks great.

Shane & Laina said...

Your pie looks way better than mine...great job, I mean NO FAIR! I had a great time too, it was so fun, I really thought I was making pretty good time on my little pie experience, and then I realized I was one of the last ones there...how did that happen?

You are awesome and apparently (as we discussed) you were meant to be there to entertain me, I couldn't stop laughing, which I haven't done for a while. THANKS!

Annie said...

I am 61 and still can't make a decent pie so I don't. It looked delicious and wish I could be there with you to eat it and have a diet coke, or you drink pepsi, I think.
Love you

Annie said...

Annie did not write the last comment Aunt Dee Dee did. I do not know why it came up her name except I copied you blog address off her blog. I'll have to change it, now how to do it, I don't know.

kristenhcubed said...

We miss you up here but I am glad you are settling in and getting to know people. They may not know it yet, but they are very luck to have you!

The pie looks great even for coconut cream. Give me banana cream any day over coconut.

Janice said...

ooh yum! Did you save me some?:)

MakingChanges said...

Your pie is awesome- I have to make one complaint though, how did your crust turn out so good and mine was crap- oh ya, you threw it. Just kiddin'.