Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kids Table

Almost every year (weather pending) we go to my parents house for Thanksgiving. My kids love sitting at the "children's table" as you can tell from the picture above. This morning I was telling the kids, tomorrow we leave for Grandma and Grandpa's house! Now for those who take things way too seriously, you may not want to continue the story. Our family is continuing laughing and making light of certain situations. So no lie this morning when I told the kids we were leading to the Grandparents, Robbie said, "Yes, I finally get to sit at the adult table!" I started laughing so hard. Robbie was dead serious. He looked at me and said, "there's room for me now, right?" I don't know why this strikes me as so funny, but Robbie was looking at the positive side of things. He knew that there was an opening at the adult table and he was going to "call it" before anyone else did. At times like this, meaning the Holidays, we are going need to make sure to have fun and look at all of our blessings in our lives. Yes Robbie, you do get to sit at the adult table this year!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Robbie is darling! and you are still my hero who can still laugh and get through hard things:) I miss ya, but sure am glad you have this blog so I can keep track of you:)Have a great Thanksgiving!

MakingChanges said...

How cute! Your kids are just like you...is there always a silver lining? I am thinking so.