Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, NOT!

So yesterday was our first real snow storm. The first thing my kids said when they woke up and saw the snow was, "is school cancelled?" Now if we were back in Washington, school would have been cancelled the night before because it "might" snow tomorrow. If you don't believe me, remember the year we didn't get out of school till the end of June because of "snow" days. But here in Utah three inches is not a big deal. The monkeys were all excited to see "noow" outside. I informed them that snow is to be looked at and not touched! I am not sure how I am going to survive winters with snow. I do not like it one bit!! It is pretty in the mountains and on Christmas morning, but it is not fun to drive in or cleaning up all the wet spots tracked into my house. I was/still hoping it would be an easy winter with little snow. I guess I should have made myself more clear to Heavenly Father when I agreed to move here, snow in mountains only! We will see how long I can hold the monkeys off from playing in it. I know I am not a nice mother!

4 comments:

MakingChanges said...

I am there with you. Love it in the mountains, a great thing to "visit" but I hate having it everywhere. You'd be surprised how well I have done in keeping my kids out of the snow as much as possible in the last 3 years. Of course this backfires on me in the summer when I have to FORCE them to play outside.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I agree. Snow is bad. We haven't even had a hint that snow is coming here yet. ::crossing fingers that it stays away::

Janice said...

You make me laugh. Now go outside an play in the snow with those cute little boys!:)

Kerrilyn said...

You don't like sliding around in your car on the roads trying to avoid other cars doing the same thing?? Where is your sense of adventure? Wait until your kids get old enough to drive in it. I didn't feel much like worrying all morning about Brad driving to school so I took him myself. YUCK!!!
As for tracking it in the house, I hear ya! If people wouldn't think I was a nut job, I would require everyone to put on little temple booties like at the open house.