Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Excitement At the Jazz Game

First let me say that I know this picture is blurry. But like in typical man fashion, Robbie said, "it looks just fine to me."Last night Robbie, Jake, Rod (my brother-in-law) and I went to the Utah Jazz game . Rod's parents have season ticket and are in Florida, so lucky us! I must say that I came to the realization that I am getting old. It happens so quickly and without your conscious knowledge. These cheerleaders looked like they were in high school. I honestly was thinking, these girls aren't old enough to be cheerleaders! This is when I realize that I am an old single mother of five. When did this happen? OK I know exactly when it happened, but still it just seemed like yesterday I was in high school. It is true that your mind never ages, it just gets wiser (hopefully anyways).
During one of the time outs, the whole Utah Football team came out to be recognized for their great season of being undefeated and yet have nothing to show for it (can we say 1984?). Regardless, I was proud of my Jake, while everyone was standing and clapping for the Utes, Jake was waving his BYU sweatshirt for all to see. That boy cracks me up! I am sure Rob was so proud of his cougar fan! So while everyone is clapping, Rod points out that President Monson is standing up in the box right above us. I say, "boys President Monson is right there!" They turned to look and were so excited! I think President Monson recognized me from the whole rushing the Prophet thing at the Christmas musical (good thing Erin wasn't at the game with me) because he quickly sat down. The rest of the game the boys kept turning around hoping to get another look at the Prophet. I think they were more interested in that than the game! We didn't get another view, but I felt it was great for my boys to see the Prophet likes to go Jazz games just like them! And thanks to Rod for taking us to game!
PS You should of seen Jeni (she and Andy were there also) dancing at the game...I wished I could have recorded it. We probably would of had too much fun dancing, if we sat together.

3 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I'm not sure what you're talking about... those girls look about my age. ::teehee::

Also, I love seeing general authorities at things like that.... as if they are real people. Pres. Monson went to my cousin's wedding reception several years ago (pre-prophethood, obviously) and he went through the buffet just like everyone else. Loved it.

Ashlee said...

That is so awesome! I bet the boys loved seeing the Prophet and getting pictures taken with those hot chics. We could still pass for that age, right? Well maybe not. Glad you were able to go to the game!

Kathy Lee said...

At very first glance, I thought for a second the guy standing behind the boys (in the white baseball cap) was Rob. I did a double take.