Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Movies

Do I watch a lot of TV? Depends on what you consider a lot. I guess it is like asking, do I drink a lot of soda? You get three chances to answer that question and the last two don't count (yes I did read the December Ensign article). I find on Saturday afternoons I am folding laundry. I like to watch TV while I am folding clothes and since the college football season is over, there is NOTHING on TV. Therefore, I find myself watching You Got Mail or Sleepless in Seattle for the millionth time. Seriously, can't Oxygen put any other movies on during Saturday afternoons? Any who, I mentioned in a previous entry about these movies and always watching them. Today Sleepless In Seattle was on (just after You Got Mail, which I did not watch again). I don't really remember the last time I saw Sleepless. I know it hasn't been since Rob passed away. Mostly I feel that movies don't really depict reality (don't seem so shocked). But there is a line in Sleepless that was perfect. For the one person who has never seen the movie (Melinda Lassen not to name any names) Tom Hanks describes what it is like after losing his wife. I have never hear it put so perfect. I tried to find a video clip, but they were all too long. So here goes my attempt to tell the part in the movie:
The doctor ask do you think there is someone out there you can truly love as much as your wife? He says, it's hard to imagine. She ask, what are you going to do? He says, I'm going to get out of bed every morning, breathe in and out all day long. And after awhile I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed in the morning and breathe in and out. And then after a while I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Haha Way to call me out there! Now I really do have to watch that, that part sounds pretty perfect! You know I think you're wonderful right?!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Geez, Patti. Now I'm gonna cry.

MakingChanges said...

Really, did I need to cry again this week? Beautifully put my dear!

Kerrilyn said...

Have you ever heard the group Providence? They are by far my favorite inspirational singers. Anyway, they sing a song entitled "Keep Breathing". Your post reminded me of it. It is a great song. I have the disk if you want to borrow it.

Mitchells Sun Valley said...

Hey, My shoulder is only one short flight away & available ANYTIME for you in the next few weeks/months. I actually can relate. Sande Sue