Monday, January 5, 2009

Romantic Comendies



I find myself watching You Got Mail for the third or fourth time this week and wonder what pulls me to watch this movie over and over again? It's one you have seen so many times, that it doesn't matter if you get side tracked or interrupted, which happens to me often. My kids even made the comment, didn't you just watch this? On the Today show the other day it talk about a study done about how Romantic Comedies are ruining women's relationships. Really? Did we need a study to tell us that? Who was the person who approved this study? Obviously a man, who never wanted to be dragged to another Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movie again! I do have to admit that it was a Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan movie Rob and I spent our first "date" together. Sleepless in Seattle had just came out on "video" (yes I am dating myself). Rob and I skipped class (just a religion class) bought the movie and went back to my apartment to watch it. We held hands for the first time. I don't need a study to tell me what a wonderful day I had with Rob. For those who know Rob, he would do anything for me, even sit through a romantic comedy with me! Hey look what he got in return!!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I've actually never seen either of those all the way through! I don't know why, because I LOVE girly movies! I think you're right though, it was totally a man who did that study--what an idiot! hahaha

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Hi Patti! I was just blog surfin and found yours through Jimmy & Linzi's. It was fun looking at all your pictures of your cute family. Hope all is well! Happy New Year!

Angela said...

You've Got Mail is my favorite movie. I wish I could drop by some night and watch it with you--but I live to far away. If you want some totally predictable chic flicks try the Hallmark channel.