Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jennifer another name for Saint?

Long story longer...Last night Johnjohn was sick. I had gone to a Relief Society thing and I get this call from Robbie, John has thrown up and Luke won't stay in his crib. Thank goodness I was on my way home. I felt so bad for poor Emily who was baby sitting. I start stripping down Johnjohn and putting him in the shower and can't figure out what is wrong with Luke. I instantly call Adrienne, HELP! She quickly comes over to help settled things down. My washing machine had been acting up and choose this day to completely quit working. Have have stinky clothes and sheets and no way to clean them. Finally, around 11:30 Adrienne heads home, with my laundry. (Just like the old days when Rob and I were first married and Adrienne would come pick our laundry. I am so lucky to have her in my life!) Luke has decided he is not going to bed and whenever I put him in his crib he instantly crawls out. About 12:30 I lock Luke and I in my room and tell him we are going to bed. Story Longer...I haven't taught in aerobics classes since before Rob got sick. It's just something I put on hold with life being crazy. This morning, of course I was subbing a kick-boxing class. Of all the mornings! I could not believe how tired I was. Here's where I get to the name Jennifer. I made a comment on Facebook this morning about sick kids and no washing machine. No sooner do I do that, than my friend Jennifer calls me and says she is at the store, do I need her to pick any thing up and she would be more than happy to do my laundry for me. I had to smile. It reminded me of my best friend Jennifer in Battle Ground. How she is always looking out for me, helping me whenever I needed it. This got me thinking about all the Jennifers I know and how all of them are amazing, seriously. I thought, wow people really have a lot to live up to when they are named Jennifer, especially if they are friends with me!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Really most Jennifer's I've known have been very sweet, kind people too! Maybe the next girl I have I'll name Jennifer, I could use some "saint" in my house! haha

Bret Bushman Family said...

Wow, you had some night, did you get your washer fixed?. I'm glad you have great people in your life. How did teaching aerobics go?

Patti Epperson said...

I bought a new washer that won't be delivered till Tuesday. My class went really good. It felt nice teaching again! It was the hightlight of my week.

The Halls said...

I would have to agree with you about the name Jennifer :)