Monday, January 19, 2009

He Loves Me...

When I picked this back ground for my blog, I loved the saying on the side He Loves Me. Now to some it may not mean anything or to others it might seem a little sad. But to me the saying seemed to be just right! There are a lot of things I don't know, but one thing I do know is how much Rob loves me. I have never doubted his love for me. I hope everyone can know as well as I know how much their spouse loves them. It doesn't have to be with major gifts (still nice to get) or constant words of affection, but it's the little things we do for one another that show our true love. The things that are done when no one is watching. The tender words of encouragement when we are in our darkest moments. It's the desire to put anothers needs and happiness before our own. Rob did all of these things for me. If anyone wanted to know how to be a wonderful spouse, they just needed to watch Rob and take notes. I think one of the hardest things about him being gone is not having someone always putting my needs before his own. Trust me I do not get that from my children. I miss being someones everything, right now. I know Rob still worries about me and wants to help, but is a little limited. I miss talking to him ten times a day about anything and every thing (any one who was around us during the day knows what I am talking about). The one thought that gets me through the day is knowing that He Loves Me...Forever.

9 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Oh believe me, Garret got plenty of "Why can't you be more like Rob..." speeches when we first got married. Poor little guy. But it was Garret's fault for being friends with someone who set the bar so high!

Janice said...

you "are" both amazing examples. If all of us could live up to 1/2 what you are we'd be doing good. I love the new blog background! Very light and fresh:)

marcikay said...

Patti, you always have a way of reminding me of the things that are important! Sometimes we can all get so caught up in the every day, I appreciate your gentle reminders!

Bret Bushman Family said...

Patti-I love that... what an inspiration you are, thanks for the reminders, I am so glad that you know what you meant(mean) to Rob. I love the picture of you both.

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Great picture! What a great blog entry and to be reminded what is truly important.

MakingChanges said...

Patti, what a blessing you have to know that you and Rob are eternally together. Thanks for this post. I love when you talk about Rob. You two are amazing examples to everyone who knows you. Thank you for being my friend!

Aimee said...

Patti- What a sweet note. I'm glad you and Rob had such a love for each other. What a legacy for your children to cherish. It was good to talk to you. Keep in touch.

Autum said...

Hey Patti, its your favorite VT partner. I decided to look up your blog. It's been great to read. You inspire me. Thanks for helping me do what's right. Later then- Autum

Jessica Larae said...

Patti. Can I just say how much I love and admire you! I am so grateful for you! You and your Rob have always been the best examples for all to look up to! :D