Monday, January 12, 2009

LUKE!!!!


I think we all remember Luke climbing up on Adrienne's roof this last summer. This kid will honestly be the death of me! Luke can now climb out of his crib. Not a big deal for some parents, but for me who loved having an extra minutes while the monkeys played in their crib was priceless. Plus I could always put them down for a nap at exactly 1 o'clock and not worry about them. But now life has changed! If Luke is not tire, than he just climbs out and comes out of his room (yes he can open his door). This of course puts Johnjohn into a fit! But being positive, I am trying to look at the bright side of this...

  • Luke can wake me up when I sleep in. Sunday morning I was greeted by an Oreo covered face. Yes that meant he was down eating Oreos before coming into my room.
  • This leads to my next point, Luke gets up better than his older brothers and can get himself breakfast.
  • I no longer have to pull Luke out of the crib while holding Johnjohn. Johnjohn would always want him to get him first, but would never let me put him down. I would then have to lift Luke out while still holding Johnjohn. I hope my arms are toning up!
  • I now find myself not going into a deep sleep because I am paranoid Luke is going to climb out in the middle of the night. Deep sleep is over rated.
  • Luke will let me know if Johnjohn has thrown up (more common lately than not). Mama gross, gross.

I know the monkeys will always keep me on my toes. As hard as it might be a times, I know they are a true blessing in my life!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

chase started climbing out over vacation too - such a sad, sad transition.

The Jolleys said...

You can always go get one of those covers for the cribs that keep them inside. It is like tent for the crib.. He is a very cute boy. Good luck.:)

Melinda said...

Love it! Bryce started climbing out at about 1...(in my head I am singing "count your many blessings name them one by one)! The great thing about kids is they make life NEVER boring. Love the positive attitude and i think you a FAB mother!!!

The Hammond Holler! said...

Too funny. When Mason started doing that I had to make a choice weather I wanted to pay for a hospital bill (he would hit the floor so hard!) Or just put the railing down as far as it would go and we build some stairs so he could easily get down. They grow so fast don't they?!

The Halls said...

oh Patti, you make me smile!! :) I could totally picture everything as you were describing it. You are awesome!

Patrick and Emily said...

You're scaring me that I may have to deal with that soon too! Is it bad to put a lock on the door?? What a funny kid you have....it sounds like he is becoming very independant!

Sara Dee said...

I bought the Crib Tent II for my twins when they started climbing out. It was the best money I ever spent. They loved them too, they would call them their houses. They soon learned to take them apart and made swords out of the tent rods, but it gave me at least another year of deep sleep. I love reading your blog. I just was telling my boys last night how they are the biggest suprise blessing in my life.