Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Heart Candy

This is my candy jar. It is in my entry way for all those who come into my house. During Halloween and Thanksgiving I had it full of candy corn. For one of the most "hated" candies, I was constantly refilling my jar with candy corn. A majority of the candy corn was eaten by the Bushman family alone. Apparently they don't have candy at their house, so would come over just to have some of my candy corn. The Bushman's got a nice treat of old candy corn when we emptied our jar. For Christmas I filled my candy jar with mint M&Ms. It took me 12 bags of M&Ms to fill my jar. Surprisingly, not as many people went for the M&Ms as they did the candy corn. I was kind of happy for that, considering how much the M&Ms cost! After I took all M&Ms out, the kids just figured we give all of our old candy to the Bushmans...so let's just say the Bushmans have a lot of mint M&Ms right now. I did get a text from them asking if I was ever planning on putting quarters in my jar!
So now it is Valentine's day and time to change my candy jar once again! Everyone says they hate candy hearts, but I have already had to fill the top of my jar again! These are one of my favorite candies, when they are fresh. Give them a couple of days and they won't be as good. I trying to think of a way I can put Peeps in my jar for Easter!

12 comments:

marcikay said...

I think I need to come to your house!
LOVE candy corn
LOVE mint m&ms
LOVE candy hearts
LOVE peeps
and by the way..
LOVE the jar!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I may have had a couple of handfuls of candy corn when I was there. Maybe three... I can't remember.

I too love your jar & am currently (and have been since we visited) trying to find a good spot for one.

PS Peeps are nast. Sorry, but they are. I'm guessing you won't have to refill them much.

Mandy said...

I heart Peeps.

Love the candy jar.

Melinda said...

I love ALL those candies!! Yummmmm....
Now the next time I go to the store I'm getting a candy jar and some candy hearts! Yay!

Patti Epperson said...

I think Landee "aka" Tiffany meant three hand fulls!

Bret Bushman Family said...

Yah, I will be getting some heart candies in a few weeks, but when you refill could you change the hearts to the sweet tart hearts, thanks, love the Bushman's
just seeing if you take requests

J.D. said...

I especially love the bigger heart candies, the ones that are about the size of a quarter, but they have to be soft.

And for peeps, way good. Props on the peeps idea!

Ashlee said...

That is so fun! I wish I was there to eat it ALL! Oh my butt wouldn't thank me for that! Hee hee. Thanks for leaving a message. Things are good. I am coming down sat for a baby shower. What are you plans??

Patti Epperson said...

I like the large ones better too, but I was afraid they wouldn't go in there as well. I was debating doing large and small, but who are we kidding that would take time and effort. My mouth is raw from eating so many! Thank goodness they are getting hard.

Janice said...

very cute. You are so fun!!!!

kristenhcubed said...

Your jar looks so cute. I could never do that at my house or my kids would never eat dinner again. Or breakfast, for that matter. I think the peeps idea is great. They would look awesome and I hear that they are better when dried out, though I never touch them myself.

Angela said...

My kids would love coming over to your house---they love candy. The candy looks great in your jar and with your candle. Have a Happy Valentines Day!